7 Steps in a Decision-Making (Suicide Intervention)
1. Identify the Problem or dilemma
2. Know the potential issues involved
3. Know and review all of the relevant ethics codes, laws, regulations, and agency policies that may be involved.
4. Obtain consultations-Have I done my appropriate consultation?
A. Prayer (Start with taking with the One who created this person experiencing this problem)
B. People (who can you contact that my have experience in dealing with this teen’s specific problem)
C. Programs (is there a help program or help group that is knowledgeable with these problems)
5. Consider all possible courses of action and their consequences
A. Start with the impossible than work down to the practical.
6. You need to choose what appears to be the best course and then follow through
7. Document the process and possible outcome(s),