1. We must be convinced that the world’s system for evaluating self-worth is a lie. God estimates worth and value on His own love towards us. GOD LOVES US, SIMPLY BECAUSE HE LOVES US. He chooses to love us and went to the cross of Calvary, shedding His own blood for our sins. We are worth the life and blood of Jesus Christ
2. We must be convinced that God’s evaluation of us is vastly more important than man’s evaluation. Psalms 40:17, “But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.”
3. We must establish a close, intimate relationship with God, in order to trust His Word more than man’s word. Romans 3:4, “… yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; …”
4. We must completely accept and act on the fact that we are worthwhile without regard to our successes or failures. Our value is not performance based.
5. We must quit striving to improve our self-worth through performance, seeking approval, or trying to obey the moral law.
6. We must realize that all men are of great and equal value because God loved all of us and sent His son to die for us while we were sinners and enemies of God.
We must accept the unmerited favor (grace) that God has for us, appreciate what He has done for us and accept ourselves as His special children, who are of infinite value to Him.
Out of gratitude for all that He has done for us, we should be motivated by love to serve Him for the good of the Kingdom of God and love others as we have been loved.