Hebrews 13:10, “We have an altar,…”
Is this a true statement in your family? Do you have an Family Altar? A place and time to get with the Family and reason, relate, and truly resonate with the Family.
The Daily Mail is reporting on the survey of 2,000 parents conducted by Virgin Holidays and Universal Orlando Resort found that the average family spends less than a half hour of quality time together during the week with work schedules, chores, and school routines devouring most of their time together.
Even when they are together, seven in ten parents say the time is spent sitting in silence in front of the television either reading, playing computer games, or just being too tired to talk.
Weekends are somewhat better with an average of two hours and twenty minutes of family time spent on Saturdays and Sundays.
The parents polled listed the following top 10 reasons why their families don’t have enough time together:
1. Myself or my partner work long hours
2. We spend our evenings/weekend keeping up with household chores
3. The children are at school when I’m not working
4. The children are often watching TV
5. Myself or my partner work anti-social hours
6. The children are often playing computer games
7. The children are at an age where they don’t really want to spend time with us
8. The children are often out with friends
9. The children spend their evenings studying
10. We spend a lot of time at various sports/after school clubs separately
We are loosing our teens and children. There is no other answer…Jesus is the Answer.